Frequently Asked Questions
General Modrinth FAQ
- When will (x) feature get released? When will support for other games/Bedrock be added?
- Why are the search filters broken when filtering by both game versions and loaders?
- How can I see the dependents/reverse-dependencies of a project?
- When will version (x) or snapshot (x) be added to Modrinth?
- Why can't I log into my Modrinth account?
- How can I make my Modrinth account more secure?
- What makes a secure Modrinth account password?
- How can I add additional authentication methods to my Modrinth account?
- How long will my submitted project be "under review" for?
- How does the "featured versions" system work?
- What is the "Additional files" section for?
- How should I format my version numbers?
Modrinth App FAQ
- How do I install or create a Modrinth modpack?
- How do I share a modpack with others?
- How do I unlock or unpair an instance?
- How do I repair an instance?
- Where are the Modrinth App files located?
- How do I install Java?
- Can I run two copies of the same instance at the same time?
Errors and crashes
- Why is my modded game instance crashing?
- Why am I getting a network error when downloading files?
- Why did my instances suddenly disappear?
- Why am I getting an error from Fabric saying that it cannot access intermediary?
- Why can't I launch certain Minecraft versions?
- Why can't I access the Modrinth App from Russia?
- Why am I getting an error saying my account is underage?
- Why can't I join multiplayer servers? (Invalid session)
- Why am I getting an error saying I don't own Minecraft, even though I do?
Operating system-specific questions
- Why doesn't the app boot on Windows? (Corrupted Microsoft Edge WebView2 installation)
- Why am I getting a "IO error: Access is denied" error? (Program Files forbidden)
- Why am I getting "out-of-memory" errors, even when I have enough memory allocated?
- Why can't I launch the app on macOS Catalina (or older)?
- Why isn't the Modrinth App packaged for my Linux distribution?